Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection
International Refinery Solutions
provides authorized and comprehensive services, combining inspection, non-destructive examination, recommendations and reporting by certified and authorized inspectors.
• Above and below ground storage tanks
• Online & Offline tank inspections
• Insulated or non-insulated tanks
• Vertical and horizontal tanks
• Magnetic flux leakage plate scanners
• Ultrasonic shell crawlers
• Ultrasonic A/B-Scanning
• Pontoon pneumatic testing
• Vacuum box testing
• Tank Survey including shell settlement, shell roundness, verticality, bending and peaking, bottom floor gradient, edge settlement, external floater monitoring.
• Detailed reporting, including CAD
• Repair recommendations by certified inspectors
Online & Offline Inspections
Online inspections typically consist of ultrasonic shell crawler runs, ultrasonic roof measurements, shell settlement evaluation (differential versus planar) with API-653 or EEMUA 159 visual external inspection. Offline inspections typically consist of MFL (Magnetic Flux Leakage) Floormap of the tank bottom plates with API 653 or EEMUA 159 visual internal inspection.
MFL Floor Mapping Inspection System
MFL is used to detect magnetic flux leakage fields from corrosion pitting on both the top and bottom surfaces of the tank floor plates. The induced magnetic field is provided by the latest generation sintered neodymium iron boron magnets and the leakage fields are detected using a 250mm wide Hall Effect transducer array. Leakage field parameters detected by the sensors are stored by the on-board dedicated computer providing permanent records of the floor plate condition. These magnets are powerful enabling inspection through fibreglass and paint coatings up to 6mm thick.
Repair Recommendations & Engineering Support
The results of the inspections are compiled into a concise report which can be supplied to the client both electronically and in hardcopy. Repair recommendations, if any, are detailed in the report with reference to the applicable standards.